NovoRapid PumpCart in the Roche
Accu-Chek Inight insulin pump: risk of insulin leakage causing
hyperglycaemia & diabetic ketoacidosis. The MHRA continues to receive serious reports of harm associated with insulin leakage.
In some patients, there were serious consequences arising from inadequate supply of insulin, including diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA).
Norse Care (Services) Limited fined £100,000 after failing to keep people safe.
A large care home provider in Norfolk, pleaded guilty to putting
people at risk of avoidable harm due to its failure to ensure windows at one of its homes were safe.
A 70-year-old male sustained minor injuries to his head, hands and legs after being found in the grounds of Mountfield, Norwich having exited from a first-floor window.
It was found the restrictors, put in place to prevent windows opening wide enough for people to climb out of or fall through, were not adequate at the home. They could be manually overridden & did not comply with the recognised safety standards for health & social care sector . In addition to the fine, Norse Care was ordered to pay £11,000 costs to the CQC, which brought this criminal prosecution, and a £170 victim surcharge. Read details
First Women’s Health Strategy for England to tackle gender health gap.
Women and girls across England will benefit from improved healthcare following the publication of the first ever government-led Women’s Health Strategy for England.
Following a call for evidence which generated almost 100,000 responses from individuals across England, & building on Our Vision for Women’s Health, the strategy sets bold ambitions to tackle deep-rooted, systemic issues within the health & care system to improve the health and wellbeing of women, & reset how the health and care system listens to women. Read Policy paperapplies to England
Coming up to its twelfth year, this pan-industry event sees everyone
coming together for one common goal — keeping the nation gas safe.
Gas safety check records and what to keep Check here Gas Safe Register is the official gas registration body for the UK, Isle of Man & Guernsey, appointed by the relevant
Health and Safety Authority for each area. By law all gas engineers must be on the Gas Safe Register.
Legislation to establish a National Care Service for Scotland (NCS) will ensure the best possible outcomes for people accessing care and support and end the ‘postcode lottery’ of care.
The National Care Service Bill will make Scottish Ministers accountable for adult social care in Scotland – a change strongly supported by those responding to the recent consultation on the plans.
The Bill provides the foundation for the NCS, and enables the fine detail of the new service to be co-designed with people who have direct experience of social care services. Plans have also been published to explain how that collaboration will work. The aims are to: Read more
A care home worker took her own life after being ‘haunted’ by washing the bodies of dead residents during COVID her parents have said.
Taylor Watterson, 22, told her parents she had “lost count” of the number of bodies she had washed, the Daily Record reported.
Taylor’s mother, Lana, said: “Her job had a lot to do with her
One day she asked if I knew how many dead bodies she’d washed. She’d lost count. I couldn’t believe it when she said it.
She was just a young girl and was having to do it regularly.
Doing that over and over again and seeing residents she was close to regularly passing away was hard for her to take.”
The 22-year-old worked at HC-One’s Fullarton care home in
Irvine between June 2018 & July 2019 & Shalom nursing home in Dreghorn. Taylor left her role after struggling with her mental health
Care provider fined £450,000 for health and safety breaches, following death of a vulnerable adult.
The Richmond Fellowship Scotland, has been fined after being found guilty of health and safety breaches after a vulnerable adult with severe learning difficulties drowned in a bath.
Glasgow Sherriff’s Court heard that at Cherry Tree Court in
Cambuslang, Glasgow, one of the residents, a vulnerable adult with severe learning difficulties, drowned in a bath within her flat in the early hours of the morning.
The Richmond Fellowship had supplied a baby monitor to alert support workers that resident was out of bed but an HSE investigation found that it was neither suitable nor sufficient as she was so light on her feet. Read